luni, 22 septembrie 2014

REVIEW - Scratch by Rhonda Helms



Synopsis:

In her DJ booth at a Cleveland dance club, Casey feels a sense of connection that's the closest she ever gets to normal. On her college campus, she's reserved, practical-all too aware of the disaster that can result when you trust the wrong person. But inexplicably, Daniel refuses to pay attention to the walls she's put up. Like Casey, he's a senior. In every other way, he's her opposite.

Sexy, open, effortlessly charming, Daniel is willing to take chances and show his feelings. For some reason Casey can't fathom, he's intent on drawing her out of her bubble and back into a world that's messy and unpredictable. He doesn't know about the deep scars that pucker her stomach - or the deeper secret behind them. Since the violent night when everything changed, Casey has never let anyone get close enough to hurt her again. Now, she might be tempted to try.


Review:

I haven't read from this author before and I didn't knew what to expect. Sometimes I try not to have huge expectations because it happened to me that even the cover is pretty and the synopsis is good the book sucked.

This novel was very good, not intense but there were some deep parts, a lot of emotions and feelings, the characters seemed real and I could sympathize with them. I liked that it was written simple, naturaly, but it had a lot of emotions, different types, and some were so raw. Not so many books discuss serious stuff and in a serious way, and this one did this, kind of. It wasn't perfect and I can't say that I'm in love with it but I really enjoyed it and compared with my low expectations it was amazing.

I won't talk about the plot or what's going on - if you want to find out that pick up the book and read it. But I can say that I like that everything that was brought in the book was discussed, used and thought. Nothing is left behind, each action and character has a role and near the end you can see the things mixing and completting each other. In the last period I had and I'm still having a problem with NA novels because they seem fake and written stereotypicaly. Well, this wasn't, kind of. It had some typical cliches, but the 'deep' part saved it. The huge package of emotions, the good and needed dialogue and the characters saved this book and took it out from the crowd.

If I'll talk about the characters I'll say that I liked them both. Daniel had good and bad parts and Casey too. Daniel did a thing that bothered Casey and me a little bit but I understood why he done it. But... no one is perfect. They are both nice people, I liked how they talked and what they talked, how their relathionship grew, and how they changed throughout the story. 

What bothered me a little about this book was the ending. Maybe if it was a little bit longer, like a chapter more. I mean, after the huge 'discussion' and problem resolved the book ended. Meh...I'm not a huge fan of this endings.

So, if you want a New Adult based more on feelings, emotions, deep stuff, than sex and parties then you can try this. I recommend this to everyone.

4/5

!Recieved through NetGalley!

0 comentarii: