miercuri, 24 septembrie 2014

REVIEW - Silent No More (Silent #1) by N.E. Henderson

Synopsis:

Shannon Taylor thinks she has the picture perfect life. Engaged to marry her college boyfriend and a best friend who’s more like a sister, life is almost perfect. That is until her world is tilted by two of the most important people in her life. A chance encounter leads Shannon down a path that will force her to confront a past she has meticulously ignored for ten years.

Nicholas Lockhart, renowned bachelor, has a reputation for his cold eyes and icy heart. Meeting a woman who can turn his world upside down is not in the cards; that is until Shannon. When Shannon's world crashes, she wonders if it's possible to crack Nick's icy heart. A web of lies and twisted truths soon leaves both bare and vulnerable.

Silence no longer offers her protection or safety. Will remaining silent cost Shannon the real love she's finally found? Or will she stay silent no more?


REVIEW:

To be honest I have mixed feelings about this book, because I loved and really enjoyed the story but I had a huge problem with the characters. 

The story on its own is enjoyable, there are some twist and turns that I didn't expect, it had romance too, some hot scenes. It's nothing amazing or deep, or something like that but is not bad either. But the characters weren't my piece of cake. Nick is the most iritating, angry and selfish man I've ever met in a book; and I've read a ton of NA and Adult books.

He's so selfish from the beginning when he commands Shannon like a kid: do that, go there, undress, kiss me, move to my house. Like what the hell are you doing? I understand that you like her and you want to spend more time with her and you want to help her but can you stop moving her to your house just because you want and she thinks she wants? Can you stop fumbling through her stuff and move it around and tell her what to wear and eat and so on? He pissed me off so much and now I want to punch him so hard. Because he puts his desires and emotions and ego a lot higher than his relationship with Shannon. 

But let me say that Shannon is stupid too. Maybe stupid is a huge word but I don't have another in mind now. She just escaped from a relationship with Luke that is a iritating person and a man that makes me want to punch him and throws herself in the arms of Nick. I've nothing to say that is a bad thing, yeah, she's a grown up woman and if she wants to have sex with a man that she likes, then who I'm to say no? But when she sees that Nick says to her to do that, to wear that, when he's angry from nothing and almost hurt her and she doesn't do anything...even when she thinks that is weird and a control freak she doesn't do anything. Or when she says to him all this stuff he tells her sweet words and then they have sex...and puff the problem is put aside. I hate women who don't have a spine or a brain to use. You can't stay with a man that tends to control everything about you after you already lived with Luke, you can forgive everything that he does even if is wrong and you know it. And why you do that? Because you like him and you think he's hot? Because you like the sex? Really?!

But let's end this because if I'd have this characters near me now I'll beat them both. Somehow they deserve each other, because they have huge flaws, Nick is a control freak and an obsessed, and Shannon accepts that and kinda love that. So... whatever. I'll read the next book? Yeah, because I want to know what'll happen. But I still don't like the characters.

Even if I had a ginormous problem with the characters I enjoyed the story and you can check it out. Maybe you'll like them, who knows?

3/5

!Received for review!

0 comentarii: