vineri, 19 decembrie 2014

REVIEW - Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers

The Competition:

Outlandishly wealthy Grandmother VanDemere has decided to leave her vast fortune to the family member who proves him or herself worthiest-by solving puzzles and riddles on a whirlwind race around the globe, from the mines of Venezuela to the castles of Scotland. There will be eight competitors, three continents . . . and a prize worth millions.

The Players:

Seventeen-year-old Avery is the black sheep of the VanDemere clan, the ostracized illegitimate daughter. Finally, she has a chance to prove herself . . . and to discover the truth about her long-lost mother.

Marshall might be Avery's uncle, but there's no love lost between the two of them. He's her main competition, and he'll do anything to win-including betray his own children.

Riley is the handsome son of Grandmother VanDemere's lawyer. As the game progresses, Avery falls hard for Riley. Suddenly, losing the game might mean losing him, too. 

As the competition takes treacherous turns, it becomes clear there can only be one victor. Who can Avery truly trust? And is winning worth her life?

REVIEW:

This book sounded really fun and interesting so I was really glad when I got approved to read it. And I'm happy to say that I really enjoyed it, even if sometimes it felt like it was a bit too long.

Inherit Midnight was a fun ride and I liked the whole idea with the competition and the challenges; somehow it was like a realityshow but in family and we could also see the relationships and the hate and the backstabbing that were between the members. They love each other so much and they are capable of doing anything so they could win.

I think this book is good if you want something easy to read but also you need patience. Because it gets some time until the story picks up and then until a challenge is solved another chunck of time passes. For me, if this book was shorter I would've enjoyed much more. But like this, sometimes I got bored and I found myself skimming through some pages. 

I like my thriller, filled with action and suspense and it was nice to have a ton of characters and see how they survived in the competition, but I don't like when in a thriller nothing happens or when an event is dragged of to create suspense. You can do this just if you give me another thing that keeps me interested. And sometimes I received nothing.

So, to make a conclusion, I liked this book. It was fun, fresh, sometimes action packed, oterwise a little dragged off. Some parts I liked more, some not so much. But I think is a good one to read because is a idea that you can't find to often in YA, the characters are well written, the plot is interesting and the writing style is pretty good.



Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for the review copy!

0 comentarii: