duminică, 28 decembrie 2014

REVIEW - Scintillate (The Light Key Trilogy #1) by Tracy Clark

Synopsis:

Cora Sandoval’s mother disappeared when she was five and living in Ireland. Since then, Dad has been more than overprotective and Cora is beginning to chafe under his confines. But even more troubling is the colorful light she is suddenly seeing around people. Everyone, that is, except herself—she glows a brilliant, sparkling silver.

Troubled by these strange flickerings and fearing she is being stalked, Cora is inexplicably drawn to Finn, a gorgeous Irish exchange student who makes her feel safe. Their attraction is instant, magnetic, and primal—but her father disapproves and Finn’s mother orders him home to Ireland upon hearing he’s fallen in love. After a fight with her father, Cora flees to Ireland, both to follow Finn and to look for her missing mother.

There she meets another silver-haloed person and discovers the meaning of her newfound powers and their role in a conspiracy spanning centuries—a conspiracy that could end her life and change mankind forever.

REVIEW:

I've met with this book a few times in the past but for an unknown reason I haven't read it, until today. And today I wanted to read it so bad, because I received the sequel for review. And I'm so glad I read it.

As you may hear me saying, I'm a bit tired of YA books because majority of them are the same or they give you this feeling. But this one felt so different and unique and very fresh: fresh characters, action and plot, and writing style. Plus the idea is very original and I really liked how it was used.

 Scintillate was a huge surprise for me, because it was amazing from beginning until the end and everything went in a crazy way from second half on the novel. But in a very good way, don't worry. I have nothing bad to say about this novel, because everything it was perfect. The plot is awesome developed and so many things happen that you can't see coming and a ton of stuff is going to happen in the next one. Everything is dosed and the suspense was sometimes such a pain in the ass because I couldn't read fast enough as my curiosity was driving me *giggles*

Cora is such a powerful character and I liked that she didn't panicked and dramatized so much when she find out that she had powers, because I'm tad tired of teenage unecessary drama. And I could feel everything and sometimes her emotions were so strong that I couldn't breath. About Giovanni and Finn I won't talk now, because my opinion is not completely formed about them and now there are kinda on the same line, for many reasons. 

And the only character that really drove me crazy was Cora's dad. And a ton of awful things happen because of his stupid atitude. 

To conclude this review I must say that I'm very sad, cause this book doesn't get the attention that she deservese. I heard anyone talking about this and I dunno why, because is original, awesome and very well written. And is good for anyone, doesn't matter what genre you like (fantasy, sf, dystopia, contemporary, romance) or if you like New Adult or Young Adult, because this one is kind of a mix. So, highly highly recommend and just go and read it!

0 comentarii: