joi, 18 decembrie 2014

REVIEW - The Forgetting by Nicole Maggi

Synopsis:

Georgie's new heart saved her life...but now she's losing her mind.

Georgie Kendrick wakes up after a heart transplant, but the organ beating in her chest doesn't seem to be in tune with the rest of her body. Why does she have a sudden urge for strawberries when she's been allergic for years? Why can't she remember last Christmas?

Driven to find her donor, Georgie discovers her heart belonged to a girl her own age who fell out of the foster care system and into a rough life on the streets. Everyone thinks she committed suicide, but Georgie is compelled to find the truth - before she loses herself completely.

REVIEW:

To be honest I wasn't expecting much of this book because lately I've been so dissapointed in books that I had high or some expectations. But this was a good one and I don't regret reading it.

And now is kinda hard for me to be coherent because this novel was hell of a ride, from the beginning until the end and I read it very fast, and I feel like I ran a few kilometers. I'm a thriller addict so I love books that have action and keep me in suspense, and play with my mind - and this was an awesome one, and not just because of the action and suspense aspect, but because of the idea too. It's an unique idea for me and I really, really liked how it was written.

The characters are so well sketched and the whole story seemed so real and I was in it from the beginning. I liked that this book treated a topic that is not so common in YA literature on it literature in general. Plus, I think the author did her homework because aside from the story I find out a lot of stuff about foster care and how the system work, and what happens with this kids and especially girls, when they are left on the streets. 

I won't talk anymore because I don't have anything to say and I don't want to spoiler the story either. But I recommend you to pick this up if you want something real and realistic because is that so good and I loved eveything about it. I haven't read a story told in such a real way in a long time. Highly recommend!

 

Received through NetGalley! Thank you!

0 comentarii: