miercuri, 20 noiembrie 2013

REVIEW - SIA by Josh Grayson


Synopsis:

When seventeen-year-old Sia wakes up on a park bench, she has no idea who or where she is. Yet after a week of being homeless, she’s reunited with her family. At school, she’s powerful and popular. At home, she’s wealthy beyond her dreams. But she quickly realizes her perfect life is a lie. Her family is falling apart and her friends are snobby, cruel and plastic. Worse yet, she discovers she was the cruelest one. Mortified by her past, she embarks on a journey of redemption and falls for Kyle, the “geek” she once tormented. Yet all the time she wonders if, when her memories return, she’ll become the bully she was before…and if she’ll lose Kyle.




REVIEW:

I received this book for a honest review! Thanks!:)


I wanted to read this book because the description sounded intriguing, and I wanted to know how Sia got into that situation, of losing her memory, and more important how is going to get out of it. For me the idea of this book is original and I think it was well written, in the YA "type", let's say it like that. 

I mean I don't say it wasn't full of mature characters or the action wasn't good, but I'm kind of tired and bored to meet in all the YA books, the cliche with the popular girl and popular group, and the bitch who thinks she is the best. It was the only thing that I disliked in the book. Without the part with the popularity, bitchy, highschool life and all the appreances featuring the perfect life and family, this book was good.

This book is about discovering yourself, finding out what you really want, who are your real friends and learn that doesn't count how the others see you, but you. 
Sia learns how the life is, the real one, living a few days on the streets, without having a roof above the head, clothes and food, and when she comes back home starts to see things differently. 

How she will be when she come back to school? How her friends would see her change and how she would fit in this life, new and unknown, you'll find out reading the book. Because I don't want to spoil anybody. 

So, if you like this kind of books, about teenagers, highschool, friendship, family, "mind" changes, you can read this. Is a good book, fast read, light, and maybe after you'll finish it you'll see the world in a different way and appreciate all the things you have. Cause I do.

4/5

And I want to share with you two quotes from the book, that I really liked:

“True friendship is when two friends can walk in opposite directions, yet remain side by side.”

“I love you,” I repeat. Inches away, I reach out and touch his cheek with my fingertips. “I loved you yesterday. I love you today. And if you’ll let me, I’ll love you tomorrow.”
My own words roar through me, filling me with hope and strength.

0 comentarii: