vineri, 21 martie 2014

Crezi în dragoste la primul paragraf? - Okian



“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness [...] we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way.”
 
"It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen."
 
“In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.
"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun."
"At night I would lie in bed and watch the show, how bees squeezed through the cracks of my bedroom wall and flew circles around the room, making that propeller sound, a high-pitched zzzzzz that hummed along my skin."
“Clare: It’s hard being left behind. I wait for Henry, not knowing where he is, wondering if he’s okay. It’s hard to be the one who stays.”
 
"You will rejoice to hear that no disaster has accompanied the commencement of an enterprise which you have regarded with such evil forebodings."
“All this happened, more or less. The war parts, anyway, are pretty much true. One guy I knew really was shot for taking a teapot that wasn't his. Another guy I knew really did threaten to have his personal enemies killed by hired gunmen after the war. And so on. I've changed all their names."
“He was an old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Gulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days now without taking a fish."
"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."
"Behind every man now alive stand thirty ghosts, for that is the ratio by which the dead outnumber the living."

 
“It was love at first sight. The first time he saw the chaplain, Yossarian fell madly in love with him."
“The sun shone, having no alternative, on the nothing new."
"'Where's Papa going with that axe?' said Fern to her mother as they were setting the table for breakfast."
“If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap."
 
“Life changes fast. Life changes in the instant. You sit down to dinner and life as you know it ends. The question of self-pity.”
“It was a queer, sultry summer, the summer they electrocuted the Rosenbergs, and I didn't know what I was doing in New York.”
“As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic insect."
 
"Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition, seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her."
“It was 7 minutes after midnight. The dog was lying on the grass in the middle of the lawn in front of Mrs Shears' house. Its eyes were closed.”
“It was inevitable: the scent of bitter almonds always reminded him of the fate of unrequited love.”
 
“I was born twice: first, as a baby girl, on a remarkably smogless Detroit day in January of 1960; and then again, as a teenage boy, in an emergency room near Petoskey, Michigan, in August of 1974. "


 
“A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now."
“It was a pleasure to burn.It was a special pleasure to see things eaten, to see things blackened and changed."
“ABANDON ALL HOPE YE WHO ENTER HERE is scrawled in blood red lettering on the side of the Chemical Bank near the corner of Eleventh and First[...]"
"Ten days after the war ended, my sister Laura drove a car off a bridge."
 
"All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."
 
"It's a funny thing about mothers and fathers. Even when their own child is the most disgusting little blister you could ever imagine, they still think that he or she is wonderful."

0 comentarii: