joi, 6 iulie 2023

REVIEW - The Ivies by Alexa Donne

 Synopsis:

Enroll in this boarding school thriller about a group of prep school elites who would kill to get into the college of their dreams...literally.

Everyone knows the Ivies: the most coveted universities in the United States. Far more important are the Ivies. The Ivies at Claflin Academy, that is. Five girls with the same mission: to get into the Ivy League by any means necessary. I would know. I'm one of them. We disrupt class ranks, club leaderships, and academic competitions...among other things. We improve our own odds by decreasing the fortunes of others. Because hyper-elite competitive college admissions is serious business. And in some cases, it's deadly.

Alexa Donne delivers a nail-biting and timely thriller about teens who will stop at nothing to get into the college of their dreams. Too bad no one told them murder isn't an extracurricular.


REVIEW:

I kinda had my eyes on the 'The Ivies' since it came out, cause 1. the cover looks amazing! and it really intrigued me, but also 2. the synopsis sounds great, I wanted to know what was gonna happen and if someone was truly going to die.

Before I start going long word on this, I can say I enjoyed it a lot, I was always flipping pages cause I needed to know what was happening and who was behind everything, and as we got closer to the end.. I wanted to know what the ending was gonna be.

 Because, even though you might say 'ah, the plot doesn't sound realistic, who would do that?', I think that there's always someone who would and also thinking that most of these people have a specific way of thinking and going through life and for what they want, it made it plausible in my eyes.

'The Ivies' is a fast paced read and is also very voicy, which made me feel like I could relate to the characters, but also made them seem real and not just people that had stuff happen to them and they had to react to those. Another thing that made me love it was that even though is dealing with lots of emotions and drama and backstabbing and gossip, it wasn't over the top or I think it wasn't so much that I had to roll my eyes. I think it was enough or just enough too much, without going to an extreme; which is subjective of course.

I had a fantastic time reading 'The Ivies' and I devoured in two sitting, which is mostly due to me starting it in the evening and having to go to bed afterwards, and then picking it up back when I had time. I think that if you're close to the characters age you might love it more, but also as someone in her late 20s I really enjoyed it too and I didn't feel like it read young for me or that I couldn't put myself in the characters shoes.

So, if you like how it sounds or you want something fun, quick, a mix of realistic struggles, rich teens/people, boarding/prep school vibes, groups and scheming and even a sprinkle of romance, this is for you. I'm definetly gonna think about it for a while and for sure I'll buy and read the next books that Alexa puts out.


4/5

0 comentarii: