marți, 2 septembrie 2014

REVIEW - Unintentional Virgin by A.J. Bennett

Synopsis:

Karma Points is cursed. Cursed with a stupid name and the inability to lose her virginity. She's on a mission to lose her virginity before she turns twenty if it's the last thing she does.

One night, her good friend Eva brings her to an underground club where Karma meets a tattooed bouncer. He’s far from the clean-cut type she normally falls for, which makes her think this finally might be the night she crosses the threshold of womanhood.

Excited, she goes home with the bouncer named Jax and as always, her dreams crash down once again. Jax cannot believe she is willing to give away her virginity to a stranger she met at a club. As the only son with five sisters and a widowed mom, he can't morally go through with it, even though he's never been more tempted in his life.

Unwilling to let her walk away he strikes a deal. Karma has to spend three weeks dating him and then decide if she wants to have sex or walk away.


REVIEW:

Can I say from the beginning that I fucking loved this book? 

I heard here and there that this was an enjoyable read, fun, easy etc. But, BUT, this blew me away! It was ten times better than I was expecting, and I was expecting just a cliche, normal, NA novel in which the girl wants desperately to lose her virginity. But this wasn't like that or just that. No.

I could say that this was a fun, complexe novel, full of emotions and feelings and discovering yourself kind of, with family moments and friends. Plus the characters are so unique and different from the skinny beautfiul girl and the gorgeous drooling hot that you usualy find in these kind of novels. I'm not saying that they are not beautiful and charming and awesome! I'm saying that they are special and unique and I love them so much!

Karma and Jax are two people (yeah I said people not characters!) that when you meet them you don't know what to expect. And you just smile and wait to know about them more and more and more... and you never can't get enough. I think Karma is a real girl, a woman, speaking of appearance, because she's curvy and natural and she doesn't try to have thousands of men at her feet. She's nervous in some situations, she's funny, charming, awesome, a beautiful and complex person. And she knows and wants to change, to be more independent and fight her fears. Even if the book starts from the fact that she wants to lose her virginity that doesn't mean that is all about sex and lust and stuff like that. Yeah, attraction and tension exists, but there are funny moments, romantic ones, friendship, honesty.

And Jax is again an awesome and special man that you rarely see in books. Especialy in New Adult. Because the usual type of guy is hot, tall, full of muscle, sexually obsessed, with a dark past and secrets and is full of money. Well, Jax is not like that. I mean he's not that obsessed, he's not sleeping on money and his past is not that cliche stupid expired stuff that we see every time. From the moment when he refuses to sleep with Karma I knew that he's a different guy, a better one (I feel like I'm making him an upgrade:)) ). I mean where the f. you find a guy who refusses to have sex with a strange girl and with no obligations? 

I don't want to talk about what happens in the book but I can tell you that is so good! It made me laugh, smile, sad, happy, swoon and all the emotions that a human can feel. We have a zillion type of moments and I rlly liked the list thing. If you read the book or you've read it then you('ll) know what I mean. 

This is an awesome novel and I want many people to read it! I want to hear more about it and more frequently. There are so many books there outside that doesn't deserve all the reviews and high ratings and shoutouts, and novels like this that are ten times better and no one talks about them! And I'm not happy about that.

So, if you think that this sounds good, then read it and if you love it, then share with your friends. I'm sad when I find beautiul books and no one knows about them or just a few people have read them. I highly, highly recommend this book to everyone! Doesn't matter if you read or not NA but I'm sure you'll enjoy it!


5/5

I received this book from NetGalley and I'm so glad that I read it! : )

2 comentarii:

Blue Devils spunea...

ai idee daca este aparuta sau urmeaza sa apara si in romana?

Unknown spunea...

I love your review and I can't wait to read the book!